Thursday, September 5, 2013

Learning a New Craft

Well I made this primitative pumpkin. Not sure about him. I got the pattern from Pattern Mart.

I used a brewed coffee, cinnamon, vanilla and instant coffee to make him look rustic. Also I cream paint and mixed it with the concotion I brewed up. Used orange and black paint with the stain for the face pieces. I think next time I will turn the mouth up and use less stitching on it. I guess the less stitching the better. My years of quilting came into play on this though - the smaller and more the better. I guess if I am going to do prmitave I need to change my train of thought.

Have you checked out the new Craftsy clsses? Right now they have a qulting class on sale - Chain of Stars Mystery Quilt.

Below is a list of the September classes Cooking:
• Secrets of Slow Cooking: Mastering the Braise - Molly Stevens (9/4)
• Homestyle Pan Sauces - Martha Holmberg (9/4) Fine Art:
• Painting an Allegory: Concept to Canvas - Martin Wittfooth (9/4)
• Drawing Facial Features - Gary Faigin (9/11) • Painting Flowers in Acrylics - Micah Ganske (9/14) Knitting:
• Knit Lab: In the Round - Stefanie Japel (9/11) Quilting:
• Piece, Patch, Quilt: Basic Quiltmaking Skills - Gail Kessler (9/4)
• Continuous Line Quilting - Ann Petersen (9/11) Sewing:
• Sew Ready: Garment Basics - Brett Bara (9/11)

Check out all of the Craftsy classes I know you will find one that you like.

0 comments: